Basic Knitting Experience
Materials list:?This great little boxed craft is in the store, ready to go in a couple of colours. Each box has all the yarn you?ll need to make a pair of fingerless gloves, and the full instructions. At only $15 it?s a great easy-to-do affordable knitting project.
Or you can come on in and pick out your own yarn from our huge selection!
They?re great for the fall and the start of school. The combination of stitches separates these gloves from most other patterns. It takes a bit of extra work, but they?re beautiful when complete and well worth the effort.
Make sure to send us a picture of your gloves in action.
If your house is like ours, there are at least five pairs of headphones in it and they are all white. Stop the fighting over headphone cables by customizing them with wool or embroidery thread!
Time: 1-2 hours
Materials:?Plan on buying 3-4 skeins of embroidery thread at $.99/ea.?Beads: customize with beads or buttons. We have a selection in-store and Sunstone Beads on Cowrie Street has some inexpensive starter beads right up to beautiful signature beads if you?re making them as a gift for grown ups!
Set up each ear bud as a separate wrapping project. You can also put a band of black or alternate coloured floss in the middle of the right earbud so you can easily see at a glance which is left and right.
BASIC PATTERN FOR HEADPHONE CORDS
- Tape your headphone jack end of the cord down on to a board, book or table to keep it still.
- Find the middle point of your first skein and slide it up under the headphone cord up to the top where it is taped.
- Right handed: start from the right (left handers do it opposite)
- Slide the right side of the floss under the headphones and take it over the other side of the embroidery floss
- Then take the left side of the floss and cross it over the top of the headphone cord and pull it through the loop made by the right side
- Pull it from both sides to make it taut, and then just gently pull it up to the top
- If the knot begins to twist, swap the right and left and follow the same method as before.
- When you reach the divider for the ear buds, double knot at the end by the divider and cut the floss.
*To add beads, just loop them through the end of the line wherever you want them to be included.
Send us a picture for our Facebook page!
Meet Punky, the Sew Easy Mascot Monkey
Punky is going on a road trip around the Sunshine Coast for the next couple of months and we’re going to play a game of ‘Guess who got Punk’d!’
We’ll post photos of Punky exploring secret places on our Facebook page… guess correctly where he is and you’ll be entered into a weekly draw for Punky Stuff.
And hey, if you know where Punky is hanging out in this picture, have a guess!